Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/radioyachting/www/kiwitalk/smf/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
2008 Auckland Champs

KiwiTalk

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Linked Events

• 2008 Auckland Champs: July 18, 2008 - July 20, 2008

Author Topic: 2008 Auckland Champs  (Read 10183 times)

Offline grant

• Council
  • Sailor
2008 Auckland Champs
« on: February 07, 2008, 11:49:40 AM »
Hosted by NMMS at Wattle Farm a 3 day event from Friday 18th July to Sunday 20th July.Notice of race and entry forms to follow.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 08:25:26 PM by Alan »

Offline roy

• Council
  • Sailor
Re: 2008 Auckland Champs
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 03:24:13 PM »
NOR and Entry form now available below

Roy Granich
Chairman
NZRYA

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline nathan

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 09:46:13 AM »
Any thoughts of changing this to only be sailed over the weekend??? I would imagine there are many like myself that can't afford taking another day off work this year to sail model boats.... it would be a shame to limit participation.

Just a thought
N

Offline grant

• Council
  • Sailor
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 02:13:21 PM »
The reason for the three day event is that in nearly all the previous contests we have had light weather and lost practically the first day because of this.A number of competitors have suggested maybe we need to extend the champs to three days to make it worth while.We have also taken into consideration the number of Aussies who regularly make the trip across the ditch to compete in our major events,they also prefer a three day event.If we get a negative response to the three day concept then we will take note and act accordingly.  I thank you for your comment as we are here to promote radio yachting and therefore must listen to all constructive criticism.

Grant Lane
Commodore
NMMS.

Offline grant

• Council
  • Sailor
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 02:10:02 PM »
Due to the illness that Neville has sustained is there any one out there willing to replace him as OOD for the coming Auckland Champs.We do re remunerate the willing volunteer,so please if anyone can help please contact me ASAP as the regatta is only a month away.

Offline roy

• Council
  • Sailor
Re: 2008 Auckland Champs - Start Times Day 1
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2008, 10:56:07 AM »
It has been brought to our attention the difficulties of Auckland traffic on a Friday morning.

Accordingly, the Sailing Instructions will reflect a change in times for the first day to be:

Friday 18th July
Registration   from 09:00
Briefing               10:30
First Race            10:45
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 10:59:14 AM by roy »

Offline roy

• Council
  • Sailor
Re: 2008 Auckland Champs - Tune Up Sunday 6th July
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2008, 12:13:10 PM »
For those interested there will be racing at Wattle Downs on Sunday 6th July starting at 1100.

This will be a good opportunity to bring your entries along and to get used to the lake again - and if the forecast proves correct maybe even try out your "C" rigs.

Cheers,

Roy Granich
Sailing Master NMMS

Offline forcefour

• NZ Skipper
  • Sailor
    • http://www.golfview.co.nz
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2008, 06:11:05 PM »
Any chance of a list of entries received to date, with maybe an update every couple of days up until start day??
Force Four

Offline grant

• Council
  • Sailor
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2008, 09:08:01 PM »
So far we have had the grand total of 2 entries.That was of Sunday when we had a great days sailing at Wattle Farm with a solid B rig breeze blowing straight down the lake.I know of at least 10 others that will be entering including myself but I have to get my new creation measured before doing so.It would be great if everyone entered ASAP as we need to finalize prizes and lunches.I would also like to thank ALEC NEWALD OF BLACK MAGIC SAILS AND GERRY POWER OF POWER SAILS for both donating a set of sails to be won by  all competitors at the end of the contest in two seperate draws.I would also like to thank Peter Ireland [past commodore of NMMS and top Nautic skipper] for volunteering his services as OOD for the contest in Nevs unavailability due to health reasons.I went to see Nev today at Mercy but he had been discharged and is now home.All the best Nev,wishing you a speedy recovery.

Grant Lane
Commodore
NMMS

« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 09:23:11 PM by grant »

Offline forcefour

• NZ Skipper
  • Sailor
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2008, 09:51:05 PM »
Thanks for that Grant - There should be at least a half dozen entries coming from GHRYC members in the next couple of days, according to comments from last Saturday and today's club meetings.
Unfortunately people that do not regularly visit this forum were apparently not aware of Sunday's hit out at your venue. Several indicated they would have been along had they known. Maybe it would be beneficial in future to send out an email to all IOM owners in the Akd area by using the email list of registered owners available from Roy, or an email sent to Club Secretaries so it can be forwarded on to club members - just a couple of thoughts.
Let's hope those entry forms start arriving from tomorrow on.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 11:15:45 AM by forcefour »
Force Four

Offline Browny

• Council
  • Sailor
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2008, 03:07:15 PM »
Whats happening on your side tomorrow fource four ??? i am hoping to get up there, weather permitting. Cheers Browny.

Offline forcefour

• NZ Skipper
  • Sailor
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2008, 07:31:02 PM »
Hi Browny - Tomorrow is a non-competition club day from 1300 open to everyone. I expect there will be a good turn out, especially of those attending the Akd Champs next weekend. If todays weather holds it is expected to be excellent top of A or B rig sailing, with the wind straight down the lake from the North. But knowing you guys luck whenever you come visiting the wind will swing to the East or West!!!!

On another note, any update on entries for the champs now the close off date has arrived???
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 07:34:50 PM by forcefour »
Force Four

Offline Browny

• Council
  • Sailor
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2008, 05:11:55 PM »
Hi Fource Four, sorry i didnt make it today got as far as Lake Pupuke and the weather there was not the best so decided to give it a miss. I have not heard how many entries there are to date but would imagine there will be a good turnout. My own entry remains in limbo as my wife is expecting to recieve notification to enter hospital, will be a last minute decision. Cheers Browny

Offline forcefour

• NZ Skipper
  • Sailor
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2008, 08:31:30 PM »
Thanks Browny, hope all goes well for your wife and that you are able to compete next weekend.
A quality fleet of 10+ boats were at the lake today for some very close racing. The wind was excellent but the day was spoilt by the rain which got heavier as the afternoon progressed.

I was hoping Roy or Grant would jump in here and give us an update on entries, the number would be good, individual information would be even better - I think this would be a good way to promote our sport and in particular this event.
Force Four

Offline alec

• Rookie
    • http://www.magicksails.com
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2008, 11:34:47 AM »
last chance to get some practice in on the Manurewa pond will be this Wednesday 16th, informal IOM racing is held each Wed on our lake starting around 10 30 to 11am weather permitting. Always looking to welcome visitors from where-ever.