Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/radioyachting/www/kiwitalk/smf/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Auckland 2009

KiwiTalk

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Auckland 2009  (Read 12061 times)

Offline neptune

• Council
  • Admiral
  • Enjoy it To-day..Tomorow is a long way away.
    • http://nautic12.org
Auckland 2009
« on: September 12, 2008, 10:16:14 PM »
This was  posted on the NZec12 site awhile ago with no result,perhaps it may get more coverage here ...............

In my capacity as Nautic 12 Publicity Officer I again would like to invite any EC12 skipper who wishes to attend to join us at this upcoming event.Last years event (2008) was deemed a success we had 10 boats on the water as well as telivision coverage and interview which was carried on TV3 news.So I strongly urge the EC12 class to send a couple of boats if possible.I will have my EC12 along and am happy to sail it on the day rather than my N12. Rob Mcpherson Nautic 12 Publicity Officer
unless otherwise stated views are my own.
bob Atkinson rtd

Offline Alan

• Alan Hayes
  • Administrator
  • Sailor
    • Kiwi Radio Yachting
Re: Auckland 2009
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 11:20:37 PM »
Um......... Attend What?? ........ Where?.......... When??     ;D

Offline neptune

• Council
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 07:57:34 AM »

AUCKLAND ANIVERSARY REGATTA 2009  8) 8) 8)
bob Atkinson rtd

Offline ancient one

• Sailor
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 12:13:11 PM »
And this was publicity about what, to whom and when? And by the N12 Publicity person who is not pushing Nautic 12 but EC12. I can see why nobody has replied for we are all in stunned silence!!
ld enough to know better, to young to resist.

Offline neptune

• Council
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 02:02:20 PM »
Ancient On please do not  let  the All Blacks Score reflect in your post. 8) 8) 8)  (poor Matillda )
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 02:04:41 PM by neptune »
bob Atkinson rtd

Offline Alan

• Alan Hayes
  • Administrator
  • Sailor
    • Kiwi Radio Yachting
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2008, 02:05:39 PM »
C'mon let's be positive here Ancient One - I was thinking one answer out of the three I asked for was a good start, I'm looking forward to the rest.

(and I don't see what the All Black score has to do with your post either?????)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 03:21:37 PM by Alan »

Offline neptune

• Council
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2008, 04:04:30 PM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Um......... Attend What?? ........ Where?.......... When??

I will deal with your questions one by one :    1 Auckland Anniverary reggata
                                                        ;    2 Auckland
                                                        ;    3 Auckland Anniversary week-end

AUCKLAND, NEW ZEALAND
28 January 2008

A fabulous day on the water is promised as Auckland's Waitemata Harbour comes alive in one of the world's biggest one-day Regatta's.

The scene will be set on: Sunday 27 January
Viaduct Harbour
A rare opportunity to see our wonderfull fleet of heritage vessels up close as they berth in the Viaduct Harbour from late afternoon until Monday morning.
A European flavour will prevail with the vessels being lit up Mediterranean style

Monday 28 January 9.00am: Parade of Sail
Recapturing the glory and spectacle of bygone years our yachting heritage sets the scene in a Parade of Sail as a fleet of beautiful classic yachts and launches, tugboats and Tall Ships depart from the Viaduct Harbour and parade up to the race start line off Orakei Wharf.

10.00am: Tugboat Race off North Head
Watch this amazing display of maneuverability and speed as these wonderful craft roar up the channel, round Narrow Neck Buoy and return to finish off Torpedo Bay - best vantage points are North Head or East Coast Bays beaches

11.00am: First Start off Orakei Wharf
Races start off Orakei Wharf, Tamaki Drive (by Kelly Tarlton's) at 5 minute intervals from 11.00am

11.30am: The Governor General will fire the cannon from HMNZS Te Kaha

11.55am: The Harbour Blast
See some of the fastest boats on the water 'blast' off in a vision of colour and speed as they head off around the harbour

10.00am: Radio Controlled Yachts
Be sure to see this amazing display of yachting skill 'America's Cup' style, controlled from the land

Electrons - Marine Association Pontoon, Westhaven Marina

International One Metre Class - Viaduct Harbour

Nautic 12 - Viaduct Harbour

From 11.00am: Centreboard Classes
Venues: Kohimarama Yacht Club, Northcote Birkenhead Yacht Club and 12.30pm from Tamaki Yacht Club

Classic Dinghy Regatta: Takapuna's historic Bayswater Clubhouse - bring your family and a picnic and watch these classics from the Reserve

12.30pm: First boats expected from:
The Islands of the Hauraki Gulf: Mahurangi, Kawau and Rakino Islands.
Featuring Keelboats, Multihulls and Trailer Yachts

Celebrating Auckland's 169th Birthday.............
Planning is underway for another fabulous regatta in 2009...........

please feel free if inneed of further clarification.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 04:11:32 PM by neptune »
bob Atkinson rtd

Offline ec12nz

• Sailor
    • http://www.ec12.co.nz
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2008, 04:14:24 PM »
As always thanks Rob for the invite. ;)

There are obviously many reasons to come as well as not come. Other than a couple of EC's in Auckland the next nearest willing to travel is probably me and a couple of others local here in Kapiti - a mere 8 hours drive away.

The time of year also presents difficulites as us down here have kids returning to school at that time, the previous week is our Anniversary Day and the ever present cost to come. I know from recent rips northwards that if I cam on my own and had free accom at the Mother in Laws in One Tree Hill the fuel bill alone is around $200 plus the day either side to travel up and back in that precious leave balance from work.

Myself and Craig down here are also budgeting $$$ and time on next years Aussie Nats in Sydney in May? as well as the next International EC12 event in the USA at the beginning of November - well worth saving that extra few days of leave for.

A great idea but one fraught with logistical and cost barriers sorry.  :-[
Chris
EC12's
NZL1, NZL110 & NZL128
IOM
NZL666

Offline neptune

• Council
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2008, 04:18:18 PM »
For other uses, see Humour (disambiguation).
Look up humour, humor in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.Humour or humor (see spelling differences) is the tendency of particular cognitive experiences to provoke laughter and provide amusement. Many theories exist about what humour is and what social function it serves. People of most ages and cultures respond to humour. The majority of people are able to be amused, to laugh or smile at something funny, and thus they are considered to have a "sense of humour".

The term derives from the humoural medicine of the ancient Greeks, which stated that a mix of fluids known as humours (Greek: χυμός, chymos, literally: juice or sap, metaphorically: flavour) controlled human health and emotion.

A sense of humour is the ability to experience humour, although the extent to which an individual will find something humorous depends on a host of variables, including geographical location, culture, maturity, level of education, intelligence, and context. For example, young children may possibly favour slapstick, such as Punch and Judy puppet shows or cartoons (e.g. Tom and Jerry). Satire may rely more on understanding

and I don't see what the All Black score has to do with your post either??)

« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 04:20:06 PM by neptune »
bob Atkinson rtd

Offline neptune

• Council
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2008, 04:36:07 PM »
Ec12Nz  any time you are up this way we will provide a boat for you to sail,  Marblehead--Nautic 12--or a Micro Magic that goes for any other visitor. :-*
bob Atkinson rtd

Offline forcefour

• NZ Skipper
  • Sailor
    • http://www.golfview.co.nz
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2008, 04:38:35 PM »
WHO IS JACK SCHITT?

For some time many of us have wondered just who is Jack Schitt?
We find ourselves at a loss when someone says, 'You don't know Jack Schitt!'

Well, thanks to my genealogy efforts, you can now respond in an intellectual way.

Jack Schitt is the only son of Awe Schitt. Awe Schitt, the fertilizer
magnate, married O. Schitt, the owner of Knee-deep N. Schitt, Inc. They had one son, Jack.

In turn, Jack Schitt married Noe Schitt. The deeply religious couple produced six children: Holie Schitt, Giva Schitt, Fulla Schitt, Bull Schitt, and the twins Deep Schitt and Dip Schitt.

Against her parents' objections, Deep Schitt married Dumb Schitt, a high school dropout. After being married 15 years, Jack and Noe Schitt divorced.

Noe Schitt later married Ted Sherlock, and because her kids were living with them, she wanted to keep her previous name. She was then known as Noe Schitt Sherlock.

Meanwhile, Dip Schitt married Loda Schitt, and they produced a son with a rather nervous disposition named Chicken Schitt. Two of the other six children, Fulla Schitt and Giva Schitt, were inseparable throughout childhood and subsequently married the Happens brothers in a dual ceremony.

The wedding announcement in the newspaper announced the Schitt-Happens nuptials. 

The Schitt-Happens children were Dawg, Byrd, and Horse.

Bull Schitt, the prodigal son, left home to tour the world. He recently returned from Italy with his new Italian bride, Pisa Schitt.

NOW when someone says, 'You don't know Jack Schitt,' you can correct them.

Force Four

Offline neptune

• Council
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2008, 04:47:10 PM »
as i was saying..............A sense of humour is the ability to experience humour, although the extent to which an individual will find something humorous depends on a host of variables, including geographical location, culture, maturity,................................ ;D ;D ;D
bob Atkinson rtd

Offline ancient one

• Sailor
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2008, 08:02:29 PM »
Ah Gees Neptune! One of the Nautic 12 sailors here just won the the State EC12 championship. Paul Clarke - Ancient Mariner. Well Done.
ld enough to know better, to young to resist.

Offline Alan

• Alan Hayes
  • Administrator
  • Sailor
    • Kiwi Radio Yachting
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2008, 08:57:14 PM »
The essence of good reporting is to include all the necessary details (such as a venue and a time/date) - I was just encouraging you to finish supplying the details needed if you wanted any one else to attend. You put out the invitation, you need to supply those basic facts.

The essence of good humour is to lead in to the punch line - now if there had been a reference in the previous posts to something to do with anything to do with a ball or the West Island it might have been seen as humour. The way it came across was you accusing our Ancient friend of being a sore loser (in a totally unrelated sport).

Rest assured, I have a sense of humour - if I didn't this forum would have disappeared a couple of years ago.

Offline neptune

• Council
  • Admiral
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2008, 10:26:14 PM »
it is nice of you to remind us but for your sense of humour we would not be here...........................
As to good reporting not some thing i could put my hand up to, But i wonder how many other places apart from Auckland that is would they have an Auckland Anniversary week -end and a Auckland Anniversary regatta ? makes you wonder or have a smile perhaps  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
bob Atkinson rtd